Wednesday, May 11

Self-declaration / I want to protect you

 
Self-declaration

MOODSONG:
♫♪♫ The Eels/ I Want to Protect You ♫♪♫

“I want to protect you
I want you to be safe and sound
At night in this world
Such a delicate girl needs someone
To look out for the wolves
I want to protect you”


Character one: Self heroine, the protector figure



Character two: The innocent



Initial plan



18/01/2016 I want to protect you

I forgot to add these on here for a while, so this story is from things that happened in January.
I started this photoshoot in a fit of exasperation to represent my feelings upon realizing that mostly people only want to protect and help what they want to f*ck - to be quite blunt. Something a guy I’d been involved with said the other day set me off and I went on a crazy mind journey wanting to show these feelings.
I was walking home in the rain after the conversation, trying angrily not to cry as the Eels’ love song played cruelly in my ears from my iPod. I decided, instead of moping, to roll with the punches and position myself as the protagonist hero of the song; my own Prince Charming. My realization is that I have to protect myself. I am becoming two different entities; the child and the protector. Trust only yourself in the end. Learning this kind of thing hurts a great deal but just remember to love yourself because you’re the only person that will be around you when no-one else is there for you. Here I’m thinking about how society makes women weak and reliant on Prince Charming; and the retaliation - even vitriol - we endure when we are no longer someone’s possession.

This is a song to myself.
♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

The Eels - I Want to Protect You

No comments:

Post a Comment